From exotic materials to standard steel, our quick engineering turnaround will move your projects forward
Experience shows that collaboration with our expert engineers throughout the process ensures you achieve the highest level of product manufacturability.
With state-of-the-art software and dedicated machinery, think of our experienced team as an extension of your design and engineering team. Prototyping and short-run orders with quick turnaround just got a lot easier. You can count on us to determine manufacturing processes and maintain system documentation.
We staff and stock our prototyping department with skilled journeymen machinists and all the tools necessary to produce your prototypes on our innovative CNC machining centers and manual lathes.
Get it all with Urban Manufacturing:
- Process development, including FMEA, PPAP, value stream mapping
- Product manufacturability assessment
- Utilization of Solidworks, AutoCAD and GibbsCAM to aid in design
- Use of its 5,000-square-foot prototype machining area with 1 CNC turning center, 2 CNC machining centers and our highest skilled journeymen machinists
- Research procurement, how to machine exotic materials and develop difficult manufacturing processes
Think of our prototyping equipment as your prototyping equipment:
- Virtual Gibbs CAD/CAM system
- Solid Works Software
- 2 Haas VF5XT machines with 5-axis capabilities
- 1 Excel CNC vertical machining center (40" X 20")
- 1 CNC Daewoo Puma 240B lathe (8" chuck)
- 1 Bridgeport mill with Accu-Rite CNC retrofit
- 1 Bridgeport EZ Path lathe
- 3 Bridgeport mills with digital readout
- 6 Hardinge hand chucker HC lathes
- 2 Toolroom lathes 13" and 15"
- 15 drill presses
- 1 surface grinder
- 1 tool grinder
- 1 horizontal band saw
- 1 vertical band saw